This machine combines the No. 7 scroll saw and a circular saw. Each machine is perfect, neither being impaired by the other. The two machines can be put in one, ready for use either way, in one minute, and each will do its work with absolute success. This combination of use doubles the value of the machine, at less cost than can be furnished separately. The capacity of the scroll saw is exactly the same as that of the No. 7 scroll saw, the warranty as to what they will do applying equally to this. For light ripping, cutting to length, cutting joints, drawer and box work, etc., the circular saw of the combined machine is invaluable. In short, for general use, no more profitable investment can be made by any carpenter or cabinet maker, or almost any wood worker, than this Combined Machine with its different combinations and attachments. We have hundreds of letters in our files from parties using them, abundantly proving this.
The circular saw, while remaining on its mandrel, can be taken, at once, out of the way when the scroll saw is to be used. The mandrel is set in its bearing in such a manner as to enable the operator to take the whole (mandrel and saw) from the machine in an instant.
All varieties of joint work can be done truly and rapidly. The table can be handily adjusted up or down by a cam, to allow any desired depth of cut being made by the saws or cutter tools. The circular saws are 6 inches in diameter, and reach 1 5/8 inches above the table. A seven or eight inch saw can be used, if desired. Emery wheels, in size up to 1 inch face by six inches diameter can be used to good advantage on this machine.
Price List of Combined Machines
From the 1885 catalog of W.F. & John Barnes Co., Rockford, Il.
- Combined circular and scroll saw and boring attachment, including 2 circular saws, 12 assorted scroll saws, the boring attachment with an "Old Reliable" self-centering drill chuck, all combined in one machine. $50
- Combined circular and scroll saw, including 2 circular saws and 12 assorted scroll saws. $40
- Circular saw alone, including 1 rip and 1 cross-cut saw. $35
- Scroll saw alone, including 12 assorted blades. $32.50
- Coutershaft for steam power. $10